1:59 Challenge Live Lessons
- 3 full lessons delivered from start to finish
- Can be used to support remote learning or in the classroom to provide a ‘2nd expert’ in the room.
- Clear examples of the 1:59 Challenge resources in practice
- Insights from the INEOS 1:59 Challenge team, including Eliud Kipchoge and Robbie Ketchell
- Accompanying resources to be found here.
Online Lessons delivered by the STEM Crew Education Team.
On 12th October 2019 Eliud Kipchoge, with support from the INEOS 1:59 Performance team, broke the last great barrier in modern athletics, the two-hour marathon. In doing so he inspired others to believe that they can overcome their own personal barriers. He believes that #NoHumanIsLimited.
This series of 3 exciting STEM challenges taught by STEM Crew with special guest Robby Ketchall have been created for students and cover key aspects of the challenge Eliud and his team faced; pacemakers, nutrition and course selection.
Students will put themselves into the roles of the 1:59 Team to investigate what it takes to run a sub-two-hour marathon by carrying out hands-on practical work in physics, biology and maths.
All lessons are fully linked to the National Curriculum and are free.
Live teaching for the 1:59 Challenge on Physics: Pacemakers resource.
Live teaching for the 1:59 Challenge resource on Maths: Course Selection
Live lesson for the 1:59 Challenge resource on Nutrition
Live lesson, using the 1:59 Challenge resources